Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Design: A Heart for Art

There is no shortage of art dedicated to love, Robert Indiana's Love sculpture in Philadelphia being one of the more famous modern day examples, but it is hearts as art that I find really inspiring this Valentine's Day.

There is something nostalgic about hearts that reminds me of making Valentines by folding pink and red construction paper in half in second grade. I have had fun the past few days making homemade Valentine cards with watercolors and have found some inspiration in the following examples of hearts as art. While slightly more sophisticated than my construction paper days, these are none the less sweeter.

Via Casa Sugar

 A modern, minimalist interpretation...

Via Do Stuff Decor
 I love these heart sculptures by artist Chuck Pryce sold at Anthony Todd. I would love to have these for my cocktail table....
Chuck Pryce Sculptures via Anthony Todd

What a great Valentine's Day gift for an avid reader....
Via Style by Emily Henderson

 Love, love this painting by Caitlin McGauley....


Via Caitlin McGauley's Facebook Page

Jessica Randall of Loeffler Randal put this heart made of tissue flowers up for her sock hop Valentine's Day party and loved it so much she leaves it up year round. You can read more about it in the February 2012 issue of Martha Stewart Living.


  I really like this heart suspended in an acrylic frame in actress Brooke Shield's home.

     Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment