Saturday, December 31, 2011

Style: New Year's Eve Attire

I was flipping through a copy of the December Vanity Fair recently and was struck by an image in the "Fairground" section. This is my favorite section because this is one of the few places that features party pics of "regular" (I use that term really loosely) people other than celebrities. I am always way more intrigued by what non-celebrities wear than perfectly styled red carpet looks.

The image that caught my eye and has been on my mind ever since is of Lauren Santo Domingo (LSD) in her sleek black jumpsuit. In a sea of short cocktail dress (albeit fabulous ones), she really owns the room with this confident look. It is a little reminiscent of the 70's, but I think she makes it really modern with her minimal accessories (not sure she has any jewelry on) and polished hair and makeup.

I have not taken the plunge on a jumpsuit purchase yet, but this image just may convince me to finally do it in 2012 (yes, yes....like two years late!).

sorry for the fuzzy image!
This did strike me as a great choice for a New Year's soiree and I think it would work for a fancy bash or for a more low key dinner party. Happy New Year's Eve!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your post and thanks for giving us a peek inside that inspiring mind of yours.

    ReplyDelete