Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Design: Winter Whites

I don't know if it is thinking about the New Year and a clean slate or if it's because my brain is on holiday overload, but I am really drawn to white exteriors right now. I love that white  looks right for a contemporary or traditional home, for a cottage or for a town house. It is so versatile but can be distinctly unique at the same time.

I am particularly fond of white homes with black shutters and doors. It's like a tuxedo for your house!

via Blueprint Bliss
via Lolalina

via Pinterest

via Marcus Design
I think this is a store, not a home, but still beautiful!
via Pinterest
via Country Living

via House Beautiful


A little creative Christmas Cheer via Atlanta Homes & Lifestyle
via Chameleon Interiors
via Pretty Stuff
via Shelter Interior Design
via Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. On the subject of winter, what would you suggest to wear for winter job interviews? I've heard suits are no longer expected unless you are interviewing for something at the highest level of professionalism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Robin, I personally am not a big suit person. In fact, I don't own one! But, I also am not a lawyer or in finance where suits still seem to be the norm.

    I do, however, own suit separates that I can mix together. If I were interviewing for a job, I would probably wear pants and suit jacket that didn't match but coordinated. I think it is always better to take a chance on being overdressed in this situation. I also subscribe to that old adage that you should dress for the job you want not necessarily the one you have.

    Hope that helps! That was fun the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this answer. I do have some non-matching but coordinated suit separates that will work great!

    ReplyDelete