Thursday, January 5, 2012

Watch: Downton Abbey

I recently downloaded the PBS app on my iPad and was so excited to see all four episodes of Season One of Downton Abbey. I read a great article by Plum Sykes in Vogue a few months ago, "Edwardian Inspiration," and had earmarked the show as one I definitely wanted to watch.

I "gorged" myself (as my husband said) and watched all of Season One this week and I. AM. OBSESSED. If you have not watched Downton Abbey yet, you need to. Right away! There is so much to like about the show...the period costumes, the characters, the story lines, the history.

Downton Abbey follows the lives of the aristocratic Crawley family, which includes three beautiful daughters, and their household staff. The going-ons of the servants are just as intriguing as the romantic lives of the Crawley sisters. The show premiered on PBS Masterpiece (and yes, I feel pretty smart for watching public access TV) in 2010 and the first season won six Emmys. The second season airs on PBS in the U. S. this next Monday  Sunday (January 9 8)

Seriously. Watch the first season this weekend and get ready for Season Two on Monday Sunday. You will not regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment