Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Design: Cake Vintage

After 30 years and many, many awful New Year's Eves spent stranded in the cold searching for a ride home with sore feet and no voice, I finally found the perfect way to ring in the New Year! This year, we celebrated with friends at an intimate, low-key dinner party. And while the night was relaxed, our hosts went above and beyond to make the night special.


One of my favorite details from the night was our place settings at dinner. Our hostess' mother had just given her these wonderful paper mats for Christmas and I instantly fell in love with them. 
Our New Year's Eve Table
They are created by a Nashville-based company Cake Vintage and come packaged in an easy-to-tear-from pad of 50 place mats. I love table settings, place cards, etc. and it can be hard (and pricey) to set a table with all linens for larger groups. I think these mats are tasteful and fun and perfect for large or small dinner parties. The Bon Apetit place setting my hostess used is one of my favorites along with a few others.....

Love the simple scrolls of the Pen & Ink place mat

The Blueprint place mat definitely adds a light touch to any table.

This Songbirds place mat is just so beautiful.


1 comment: