Thursday, January 12, 2012

Style: Winter Essentials

I am a big-time homebody, so the winter months don't bother me. In fact, I really relish the time to spend at home with a fire cooking, reading, watching movies or just hanging out with friends and family.

For me, winter is the time when I catch up on sleep and let my body rest. One of my favorite articles about taking it easy this time of year is written by Adele Reising, a New York acupuncturist, for a past GOOP newsletter: "Living According to the Season".

I like the idea of taking a cue from nature and hibernating. However, I do find myself relying on some trusty essentials to stay warm and cozy and well-hydrated through these months. Here are some of my winter essentials. Do you have any?

Cashmere wrap from Nordstroms

I am crazy about this cashmere wrap from Nordstroms that my mom gave me two Christmases ago. It feels like wearing a soft blanket. I wear it as a wrap for dressy occasions, as a scarf with a coat and sometimes just hanging around the house.


Mossimo Leggings
 Love these Mossimo leggings from Target and they are only $8.00! They are perfect for layering and lounging.

Ugg Slippers

The shearling in these slippers keeps my feet warm and cozy and the rubber sole is nice in case I need to run outside to get more fire wood.


Rosebud Salve

I received my first tin of Rosebud Salve as a bridesmaid gift several years ago and I was instantly hooked. This salve really is a cure all. I use it as lip balm, cuticle cream and anywhere else I have really dry skin which is definitely more frequent in the cold months.

Aveno Stress Relief Lotion
 I have tried all types of expensive lotions, but I have really sensitive skin and my dermatologist recommends Aveeno. I love this "Stress Relief" version which has hints of lavender and chamomile.


And if I have to venture outside, warm cashmere-lined gloves and furry ear muffs are a must!
 
J. Crew Gloves and Saks Fifth Avenue Ear Muffs

1 comment:

  1. I have those leggings. They are so good looking and comfortable. Doesn't Aveeno just last all day?! Who sells Smith's Rosebud Salve?

    ReplyDelete