Sunday, November 27, 2011

Design: Thanksgiving Table

Thanksgiving may be my favorite holiday. What is not to like about a day devoted entirely to eating? But, the best part of Thanksgiving for me is setting the table, and my mom has always indulged me in this.

This year, we decided on a rustic theme for the Thanksgiving table. When designing a table or floral arrangement, I really like to try to keep the costs down as much as possible. This makes for more of a challenge plus it is fun to be creative with items you already own. The only items we did purchase were three yards of burlap from Jo-Ann's Fabric for less than $10.00 and three bunches of fresh flowers from Fresh Market for under $30.00.


To achieve our rustic theme, we used antlers, small branches with little acorns and rattan chargers from Pier One Imports.

For the center of the table, I used an old sugar mold to hold the flowers and small tea candles. This works great when you need to fill a long space, but you want an arrangement low enough for people to be able to see each other across the table.
For place cards, we tied little pieces of paper with twine to small acorn branches.


Hope you all had a very Happy Thanksgiving! Now, on to Christmas...

1 comment:

  1. the pictures are great
    I look forward to more design tips from a very talented young lady
    CB

    ReplyDelete