Monday, January 7, 2013

Clean Slate

Happy 2013! I love the start of a new year. I am not really a resolution person but I do like to think of an intention or mantra for the year. This year I am focusing on Letting Go.

My new 2013 Wolf Kahn desk calendar....beautiful!
I hope this will take all sorts of shapes and forms throughout the year, and right now I am focusing on letting go of excess and simplifying. So far this year, I have unsubscribed from so many e-mails and Facebook feeds and done some serious decluttering around my house. I will definitely share some of my organizing projects and tips on The Zoo in future posts.

I have also made a commitment to myself that I will not buy anything new for the month of January (minus essential....and I am really having to challenge at MY definition of essentials) and instead focus on and use all of the things I already own.

I have noticed I am not the only one with this mentality right now. I have seen so many organizing and cleaning pins on Pinterest and a friend shared with me that she is cleaning out 40 bags of clutter in her house for 40 days.

There is something about starting with the physical letting go that seems to clear the path for other more figurative forms of letting go. Are you letting go of anything this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment