Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wardrobe to Covet: Celeste and Jesse Forever

Over the long weekend I saw Celeste and Jesse Forever staring Rashida Jones and Andy Samberg. I definitely recommend this movie. It is funny and sweet and a little heartbreaking.



One of my favorite things about the movie is Rashida Jones' wardrobe. She wears a lot of black in the movie (probably why I loved her wardrobe) but each outfit is made really interesting by mixing different materials...silk, snake skin, basic leather, wool, etc. I have often read that layering different textures is one way to make an all white or neutral room not boring and the same can be said for a black outfit!

Unfortunately, there are no stills available of Celeste's wardrobe so here are some outfits inspired by her character.
Celeste and Jesse Forever Wardrobe


Band of Outsiders asymmetrical dress / Chloé layering tank / Band of Outsiders double breasted blazer, $610 / Band of Outsiders bomber jacket / Band of Outsiders mini skirt / Emilio Pucci flat front black pants / Jimmy Choo black pumps / Marc Jacobs retro sunglasses / Vintage eyewear

It looks like Rashida Jones loved the layered black look so much she wore it to one of the screenings.


Did you see any good movies over the Labor Day weekend?

3 comments:

  1. I saw this movie too! It was definitely a little heartbreaking but was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed by your polyvore layout! You have such a good eye. I love that look by the way too. Can you be my stylist?;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Catherine. I have been working on my Polyvore skills.

    ReplyDelete